We present these 12 free programs, ideal for civil engineering students and professionals, both to work and to learn.
All these programs are free, we hope that you download them, try them and leave us your comments and opinions.
We wish you like them. Share them!
If this compilation of free programs is of your interest, you may also want to take a look at the following ones:
- The best 8 free programs for architects: drawing, structural calculation and design
- 4 free essential apps for architects and creatives
- The best 3 free programs for electrical engineers and technicians
- 16 Free Programs for Electrical Engineers and Electrical Technicians
- The best 10 free programs for electronic engineers and technicians
- The 3 best free programs for engineers and electronic technicians - Part 2
- Learn free electronics with these 4 essential sites
- 12 Free Robotics Programs (Part I)
- 12 Free Robotics Programs (Part II)
- The best 6 free programs for mechanical engineers (Part I)
- The best 6 free programs for mechanical engineers (Part II)
- 12 Free programs for engineers and technicians of Renewable Energies
- 9 Free Programs for the Study of Thermodynamics
- 5 Free Apps for Engineering Students
- The best 10 free programs for mathematics (Part I)
- The best 10 free programs for mathematics (Part II)
- The best 10 free programs for mathematics (Part III)
- The best 4 free programs in Statistics
linkFlow - Allows user to perform civil hydraulic design tasks similar to a calculator.
The linkFlow computer program allows the user to perform civil hydraulic design tasks similar to a calculator. Vegeted and reinforced canals of any section can be designed using allowable shear and variable n values.
IBAP - Indeterminate Beam Analysis Program
IBAP is a structural beam analysis software that can be used by Civil, Mechanical and Structural Engineers, Beam designers and Engineering students for both professional and academic purposes.
Frame3DD - A program for the static and dynamic structural analysis.
A program for the static and dynamic structural analysis of two- and three-dimensional frames and trusses with elastic and geometric stiffness.
XVIGAS - Beam analysis.
Xvigas analyzes the typical beams of exercises and problems. It's simple, first you define the type of beam and its characteristics, then you enter the loads and finally you get the results: reactions, internal forces and deformation.
SUMO - Simulation of Urban MObility.
SUMO is an open source, highly portable, microscopic and continuous road traffic simulation package designed to handle large road networks. It allows for intermodal simulation including pedestrians and comes with a large set of tools for scenario creation.
FEATool Multiphysics - A fully integrated, flexible, and easy-to-use physics finite element FEM simulation toolbox for MATLAB.
A fully integrated, flexible and easy to use physics and finite element FEM simulation toolbox for MATLAB. Developed with ease of use in mind, everyone is able to set up and perform complex multiphysics simulations in a simple GUI without learning any coding, programming, or scripting.
Soil Sieve Test Analyzer - An application to analyze the results of the sieve test.
Soil Sieve Test Analyzer is an application for analyzing results of sieve test. Sieve Test is part of Grading Test in Geotechnical Engineering that is part of Civil Engineering to classify mechanical soil behavior.
Critical Depth in Open Channels - An application for calculating critical depth in open channels flow.
Open channels hydraulics is very important part of hydraulic and civil engineering. Finding critical depth in open channel flows is a basic task in this field. This is an application for calculating critical depth in open channels flow.
bars3d - Linear and nonlinear finite element analysis of 3-dimensional frames.
Linear and nonlinear (from version 2.0.0) finite element analysis of 3-dimensional frames, trusses and other such structures, designed for use in civil engineering.
groundCAD - Drawing 2D.
Drawing 2D. Point Line Polygon Rectangle Circle Ellipse Text,Image with thickness,color,hatch...
EarthWorks - A civil engineering related cutting and filling quantity calculator.
Earthworks is a civil engineering related cutting and filling quantity calculator. It also generates reports in various formats of CSV and PDF. It takes the basic paraments to form the longitudinal section of the road along with the proportions ratio of cuttings and fillings.
Uneven Weir Calcs - The tool is created to calculate the stage-discharge relationship, i.e. the rating curve, of an uneven/custom weir.
The tool is created to calculate the stage-discharge relationship, i.e. the rating curve, of an uneven/custom weir. The tool was developed using Visual Studio 2008, and the crystal report was used to generate a report.