Open Broadcaster Software (also known by its acronym OBS) is a free and open source application for recording and streaming video over the internet (streaming), maintained by the OBS Project. Available for Windows, macOS and Linux.
- High-performance real-time video / audio capture and mixing. Create scenes composed of multiple sources, including window captures, images, text, browser windows, webcams, capture cards, and more.
- Set up an unlimited number of scenes between which you can seamlessly switch through custom transitions.
- Intuitive audio mixer with filters by source, such as noise gate, noise suppression, and gain. Take full control with VST plugin support.
- Powerful and easy to use configuration options. Add new fonts, duplicate existing ones and adjust their properties effortlessly.
- The simplified setup panel gives you access to a wide range of setup options to adjust every aspect of your broadcast or recording.
- The modular 'Dock' user interface allows you to rearrange the layout exactly as you like. You can even display each individual Dock in its own window.
Create professional productions with OBS
- Choose from a number of different and customizable transitions for when you switch between your scenes or add your own stinger video files.
- Set hotkeys for almost any type of action, such as switching between scenes, starting / stopping broadcasts or recordings, muting audio sources, push-to-talk, and more.
- Studio mode allows you to preview your scenes and sources before posting them live. Adjust your scenes and fonts or create new ones and make sure they're perfect before your viewers see them.
- Get a high-level view of your production using Multiview. Monitor 8 different scenes and signal or transition to any of them with just a single or double click.
Collaborative creativity with OBS
- OBS Studio is equipped with a powerful API, which allows plugins and scripts to provide further customization and functionality specific to your needs.
- Use native plugins for high-performance integrations or scripts written with Lua or Python that interact with existing fonts.
- Work with the developers in the streaming community to get the features you need with endless possibilities.
- Explore or submit yours in the Resources section