Our software license requires you to be a current subscriber to our organisation to be able to use it in your practice. OpenVPMS is a non-profit organisation and relies on financial support from veterinary industry members to fund ongoing development and refinement of our software.
Manage your customer details, including:
- contacts: name, postal addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses
- charges, estimates, and payments
- alerts: e.g. valued customer, bad debtor
- their pets – your patients
Manage your patient details, including:
- name, species and breed
- documents and images
- Enter and track appointments
- See customer and patient summaries for each appointment
- Find available slots in busy schedules into the future
- Find available slots based on a clinician's roster
- Automatic SMS appointment reminders
- Online appointments, via PetYeti and Vetstoria
- Record patient insurance policies, and make claims against those policies
- Submit claims online via PetSure VetHub
- Submit claims via email
- Manage boarding for any number of kennels and cages
- Day and overnight boarding rates are supported
- multiple pets can be housed in a single kennel/cage, charged at different rates
- A late checkout fee can be charged if check-out occurs after a certain time
- a complete set of financial transactions: invoices, credit notes, payments, refunds, and adjustments
- counter sales to known or anonymous customers
- location branding of printed invoices, receipts, etc
- till balancing without stopping the business
- estimates. Invoices can be generated from these
- support to track work in progress
OpenVPMS can produce documents with content merged from customer, patient, or product information.
These can be linked to products so that when a product is invoiced, a corresponding document is saved in the patient history. E.g. if a vaccination is provided, a corresponding Vaccination certificate can be generated and automatically printed.
Standalone or Cloud-based
OpenVPMS can run on computers in your practice, or be deployed in the Cloud.
A single OpenVPMS installation can support mulitple practice locations, with different pricing strategies for the same products at each location.
- automatic or manual reordering of stock
- automatic supplier price updates
- easy stock taking
- multiple suppliers per product
- preferred suppliers for different locations
- batch management
- out-of-stock warnings during charging