ACD/ChemSketch Freeware is a drawing package that allows you to draw chemical structures including organics, organometallics, polymers, and Markush structures. It also includes features such as calculation of molecular properties (e.g., molecular weight, density, molar refractivity etc.), 2D and 3D structure cleaning and viewing, functionality for naming structures (fewer than 50 atoms and 3 rings), and prediction of logP. The freeware version of ChemSketch does not include all of the functionality of the commercial version.
Draw Molecular Structures and Communicate Scientific Ideas
ACD/ChemSketch is an easy-to-use, chemically intelligent molecular structure drawing application, with more than 2 million users worldwide.
- Draw chemical structures, reactions, and schema, and access a variety of graphical tools and templates
- Generate names from molecular structure and vice versa
- Calculate molecular properties from chemical structure
- Create professional reports, presentations, and publication-ready figures
- Communicate scientific information with clarity and ease
Draw Molecular Structures | Highlights
ChemSketch is a comprehensive structure editor with a variety of tools and functionality that ease the communication of scientific and chemical information.
- Draw molecular structures, generate structures from InChI or SMILES strings, or copy/paste from ChemDraw
- Easily and quickly include known molecules
- Insert pre-drawn templates of amino acids, aromatics, steroids, sugars, and more
- Search the Dictionary of >170, 000 systematic, trivial, and trade names
- Easily draw reactions and complex chemical schema (including biotransformation maps)
- Use graphical templates and tools to communicate chemistry and chemical biology concepts (e.g., chemical bond types, Lewis structures, molecular orbitals, Newman projections, peptide sequences, and more).
Create Professional Reports and Publication-Ready Figures
- Create comprehensive reports to clearly communicate your research, and scientific information
- Conveniently embed structures, schema, and other chemical information directly into Microsoft Word and PowerPoint documents
- Produce publication-ready figures for popular journals, e.g., ACS, RSC, Helvetica, and more
Generate Names for Structures
ChemSketch uses the powerful chemical name generation algorithms of ACD/Labs' well-known nomenclature software to generate names according to IUPAC rules.
- Name molecular structures—support for 16 languages including English, French, and German
- Use the built-in Dictionary of systematic, trivial, and trade names to help name structures
Predict Molecular Properties
Predict a variety of molecular properties from structure including:
- Molecular weight
- Formula weight
- Percentage composition
- Molar refractivity
- Refractive index
- Molar volume
- Structural formula
Calculate quantities for chemical reactions and solutions.
Chemically Intelligent Search
Conveniently search documents, applications, and third-party databases by name fragment, full structure, or partial structures.
- Conduct a chemical structure search of your computer files
- Searchable file formats include ACD/Labs, FASTA, HELM, ChemDraw, BIOVIA, Adobe, and Microsoft® Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Search for structures in EPA iCSS, PubChem, and eMolecules databases