Glade is a RAD tool to enable quick & easy development of user interfaces for the GTK toolkit and the GNOME desktop environment.
The user interfaces designed in Glade are saved as XML, and by using the GtkBuilder GTK object these can be loaded by applications dynamically as needed.
By using GtkBuilder, Glade XML files can be used in numerous programming languages including C, C++, C#, Vala, Java, Perl, Python,and others.
Glade is Free Software released under the GNU GPL License.
Glade's sample application will be simple, but fully functional graph viewer and editor. Things that I'll be demonstrating through this sample application are:
- How to approach to new project that will use Glade3 as GUI designer.
- How to use Glade3 to create visual elements of application.
- How to use Glade3 to create data storage objects for application.
- How to connect callback functions to widgets' signals.
- How to draw onto widgets using Cairo graphics library.
- How to use Pango from Cairo using pangocairo.
- How to create action-based menus and toolbar.