Open Camera is a fully featured and completely free Camera app for Android phones and tablets.
OpenCamera is a camera application for Android, very useful for all those who have a phone whose native application for taking photos or recording videos is very poor, although not only these will be able to use it. It has a good number of functions, among which are those of image stabilization, but also other more minor ones such as the one that allows changing the appearance of the application so that it can be used by left-handed users.
OpenCamera also allows you to use manual controls if the phone supports them and has very interesting functions for those who want to record professional video, such as the support of some external microphone devices.
Open Camera Features:
- Option to auto-stabilize so your pictures are perfectly level no matter what (see example image).
- Expose your camera's functionality: support for focus modes, scene modes, color effects, white balance, ISO, exposure compensation/lock, face detection, torch.
- Video recording (supports all available resolutions including HD).
- Handy remote controls: timer (with optional voice countdown), auto-repeat mode (with configurable delay).
- Option to take photo remotely by making a noise (e.g., voice, whistle), or by voice command "cheese".
- Configurable volume keys.
- Optimise GUI for left or right-handed users.
- Zoom via multi-touch gesture and single-touch control.
- Option to lock orientation to portrait or landscape for photo or video.
- Choice of save folder (including support for Lollipop's Storage Access Framework).
- Disable shutter sound.
- Overlay a choice of grids (including "rule of thirds") and crop guides.
- Optional GPS location tagging (geotagging) of photos and videos; for photos this includes compass direction (GPSImgDirection, GPSImgDirectionRef).
- Apply a date and timestamp, location coordinates, and custom text to photos.
- Yes you can take a selfie (also known as front camera), includes support for "screen flash".
- Support for (some) external microphones.
- Widget to automatically take a photo after launching.
- Support for Android 5 Camera2 API: manual focus distance; manual ISO; manual exposure time; RAW (DNG) files.
- Support for HDR and Exposure Bracketing (Camera2 only).
- Small file size.
- Completely free, and no ads in the app (I only run ads on the website). Open Source.