PR Newswire is a New York City-based press release distributor (news agency). The service was created in 1954 to allow companies to electronically send press releases to news organizations, initially using teleprinters. Founder Herbert Muschel operated the service from his Manhattan home for approximately 15 years. The business was eventually sold to Western Union and then to United Newspapers of London. In December 2015, Cision Inc. announced that it would acquire the company.
Cision's distribution by PR Newswire enables communicators to identify and interact with key influencers, craft and distribute meaningful stories, and measure the financial impact of their efforts. Cision is a leading global provider of software and media services sourced for PR and marketing communications professionals.
Brief facts about the distribution of Cision by PR Newswire:
- Foundation: PR Newswire was founded in 1954 by Herbert Muschel.
- Integrated into Cision Comms Cloud ™ in 2017
- Headquarters: Chicago, Illinois
- Global offices: Cision has 35 offices in 18 countries, including 10 in the United States.
- Guidance: Each Cision Distribution press release is targeted to specific keywords chosen by our expert editorial staff. Customers can target influencers with specific geographic and industrial distribution solutions.
- Media Reach: Our network reaches nearly 3,000 newsrooms, including The New York Times, ABC News, BuzzFeed, and more. We send content to more than 550 news content systems such as Moody's, SmartBriefs, LexisNexis and McGraw-Hill. Additionally, our PR Newswire media portal for journalists has more than 39,000 monthly active users.
- Global reach: Our network can help you reach more than 170 countries in more than 40 languages.
- Digital Discoverability: PRNewswire.com leads industry organic search traffic that drives search visibility for press release content.
- Online Reach: PR Newswire's network reaches more than 4,500 US websites. USA United States, including popular sites like Yahoo! Finance, MarketWatch and business magazines. Our global network reaches nearly 10,000 websites, portals, and databases.
- Multimedia reach: Cision Distribution's network distributes multimedia to more than 2,500 websites.
- Scope of social networks: Cision Distribution supports worldwide distribution of social networks on the main networks: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.