Chemix is a free online editor for drawing lab diagrams. Simple and intuitive, it is designed for students and pupils to help them draw diagrams of common laboratory equipment and lab setup of science experiments.
Chemix is an educational app, that lets you easily draw lab diagram set ups. It has a library of highly customisable apparatus and various features to help you draw diagrams with ease.
The Free tier lets you use most of the app for free and images you create with Chemix belong to you: You can include them in instructions, teaching material, presentations, YouTube videos etc.
Chemix offers a paid subscription plan called Boost.
Why upgrade to Boost?
In short: you get access to everything Chemix has to offer.
- Access to all items.
- Additional customisations on many items, such as filter paper, hazard signs, additional crystal shapes etc.
- High Quality image exports. See below for comparison
- Write chemical compounds, formulas and units in labels (Learn more about this feature)
- Exporting images in loss-less vector format (SVG)
- Store up to 50 diagrams in the Cloud (Free plan only allows 3)
Access to all items
Items including the Schlenk lines, Burette holder, Fluted Filter Paper, Rotavap, etc.
High Quality Image Export
Excellent for printed handouts, publications, as well as online documents and presentations.
While many items are free, additional customisations can be unlocked with the Boost plan: side-arm on the dropping funnel, more crystal shapes, thermometer sizes, collar on the bunsen burner, extra gas cylinder types, bubble colours...