Blender is 3D modeling and animation software, specially dedicated to modeling, lighting, rendering, animating and creating 3D graphics. Also digital composition using the procedural technique of nodes, video editing, sculpture (includes dynamic topology) and digital painting. In Blender, you can also develop video games since it has an internal game engine.
The 3D modeling and animation software Blender was initially distributed free of charge but without the source code, with a manual available for sale, although it later became free software.
Blender main features:
- Blender Rendering: Create amazing renders thanks to Cycles, the high-end production path tracer.
- Blender Modeling: Sculpt, retopology, modeling, curves. Blender's modeling toolset is extensive.
- Blender Sculptor: Digital sculpture tools provide the power and flexibility required at various stages of digital production tubing.
- Blender Animation and Editing: Designed for animation, Blender is being used for award-winning short and feature films.
- Blender Wax Pen: Push the boundaries of Story Art and 2D concept design, right into Blender's 3D view.
- Blender VFX: From tracking camera and object movement to masking and compositing, you can "" fix it in post "".
- Blender Simulation: With industry standard libraries like Bullet and MantaFlow, Blender offers powerful simulation tools.
- Blender Pipeline: Integration with multiple pipeline tools is essential in many productions.
- Blender Video Editing: The Video Editor offers a range of basic but very efficient tools.
- Blender Scripting: With an extensive Python API, all tools are available for scripting and customization.
- Blender interface: Due to its custom architecture, Blender's user interface, window layout, and shortcuts can be fully customized.
Blender is available for Operating Systems:
- Blender Windows
- Blender Mac OS
- Blender GNU / Linux
- Blender Solaris, FreeBSD and IRIX.
You can also see some examples of Blender or watch the following video tutorial of Blender, the 3D modeling and animation program: