BOUML is an UML 2 tool box developped since several years including a modeler allowing you to specify and generate code in C++, Java, Idl, Php, Python and MySQL.
BOUML runs under Windows, Linux and MacOS X.
BOUML is very fast and doesn't require much memory to manage several thousands of classes, see benchmark.
BOUML is extensible, and the external tools named plug-outs can be written in C++ or Java, using BOUML for their definition as any other program. The code generators, reverses and roundtrips are ones of the pre-defined plug-outs included in the BOUML distribution.
- it runs under Linux, MacOS X and Windows thanks to Qt
- it allows to program simultaneously in C++, Java, Php, Python, IDL and MySQL
- thanks to a full access to the generated forms, you are the master and you decide what must be generated
- it is extensible, and the external tools (I name them plug-outs because they are executed outside BOUML) may be developed in C++ or Java, using BOUML for their definition as any other program.
- it is very fast and doesn't require much memory to manage several thousands of classes, see benchmark
Some plug-outs, written by hand will help you in your daily tasks:
- C++ code generator, reverse, roundtrip
- C code generator
- Java code generator, catalog, reverse, roundtrip
- Php code generator, reverse, roundtrip
- Python code generator
- Idl code generator
- MySQL code generator, reverse
- Plug-out upgrade
- Roundtrip body
- Project control, to work at several on a project
- Project synchro, to work at several on a project
Plug-outs (defined under Bouml):
- State machine generator
- HTML documentation generator, diagrams may be produced through PNG or SVG pictures
- XMI 1.2 and 2.1 generators
- XMI 2.1 import
- pro file generator
- Rational Rose import (only the model is imported, the diagrams are created empty)
- C++ utilities
- Use case wizard
- File control
- Deploy classes
- Global change
- Uml projection