FreePCB is a printed circuit board editor designed to be easy to learn and use. Although it does not have automatic circuit tracing, it allows you to create up to 8 copper layers, design circuits up to 60 x 60 inches, it has pre-designed elements and allows you to import and export PADS-PCB lists or Gerber and Excellon files.
Design PCB printed circuits easy and free!
FreePCB is a free and open source PCB editor for Microsoft Windows. It was designed to be easy to learn and easy to use, but capable of professional quality work. It doesn't have a built-in auto router, but you can use the FreeRoute web-based auto router.
The main features of the FreePCB editor are:
- 1 to 16 layers of copper
- Board size up to 60 inches by 60 inches
- Use metric or English units (i.e. mils or mm) for most functions.
- Fingerprint libraries courtesy of Ivex Design International, PCB Matrix and the IPC.
- Copper fill areas
- Fingerprint wizard and fingerprint editor to create or modify fingerprints
- Import and export PADS-PCB netlists
- Exports Gerber Extended Files (RS274X) and Excellon Drill Files
- Design rule checker
- Auto save
- The design of a small PCB is shown in the screenshot below.
Here we offer a video tutorial on the use and operation for the design of FreePCB printed circuits: