Kahoot is a free platform that allows the creation of evaluation questionnaires. It is a tool by which the teacher creates contests in the classroom to learn or reinforce learning and where the students are the contestants.
Millions of teachers and students unleash the magic of learning with Kahoot! Create your own kahoot in minutes or choose from over 40 million ready-to-play games. Engage out-of-school students with our distance learning features, play in class, and dive into game reports to assess learning.
Creating a Kahoot game! It only takes a few minutes. You can create one from scratch, use our question bank to mix and match questions, edit a template, or reuse existing games, for example one of our premium kahoots created and verified by teachers.
Make distance learning awesome by hosting a live kahoot via video, or play in class hosting on a big screen! Alternative questions and answers are displayed on a shared screen as students answer on their devices.
Assign a challenge
In student-paced challenges, questions and answers are displayed on player screens, and you can disable the timer. Assign them as part of distance learning or for formative review and evaluation in class. You can now share challenges directly in Microsoft Teams!
Share kahoots with your students to engage them after class, for example directly on Microsoft teams. Using a team space for your school in Kahoot! Pro or Premium, you can also co-create and share kahoots with your colleagues.
You can use Kahoot! for free or upgrade to one of our premium plans to access advanced features.
Features for the teacher
- Create a quiz in minutes
- Choose one of our predesigned templates as a base
- Duplicate and edit existing kahoots
- Import questions from a spreadsheet
- Search 500 million questions in our question bank
- Combine multiple kahoots
- Add drawings in our iOS app
- Embed YouTube videos in questions
- Combine different types of questions into a single kahoot: quiz, survey, puzzle, and slide
- Play, duplicate and edit premium kahoots
- Choose high-quality images from our image library.
- Customize kahoots with your school's logo or mascot
How to play
- Organize video games to teach students outside the classroom
- Assign challenges to the rhythm of students to play at home or in class
- Have students play individually or in teams
- Add multiple choice test questions
- Get attention with true / false questions
- Adjust the timer options according to the complexity of the question
- Toggle points between 0, 1000 and 2000
- Collect student feedback with surveys
- Give more context with slides
- Try a deeper understanding with puzzles
- Change the dynamics of the game with the revelation of images in the questions
Reports and analysis
- Download basic reports into a spreadsheet
- View visual reports with practical information on class progress
- Share detailed reports with teachers and school administrators.
- Assign personalized learning in the app
Share and organize
- Share games directly with other Kahoot! the users
- Share student challenges directly with teams from Microsoft, Google Classroom, Remind, and Apple Schoolwork
- Co-create and share kahoots with other teachers
- Use a team space like your school's gaming bench
- Organize kahoots in folders by topic, topic, or other criteria