Sweet Home 3D is a free interior design application that helps you place your furniture on a house 2D plan, with a 3D preview.
Sweet Home 3D is aimed at people who want to design their interior quickly, whether they are moving or they just want to redesign their existing home. Numerous visual guides help you draw the plan of your home and layout furniture. You may draw the walls of your rooms upon the image of an existing plan, and then, drag and drop furniture onto the plan from a catalog organized by categories. Each change in the 2D plan is simultaneously updated in the 3D view, to show you a realistic rendering of your layout.
Sweet Home 3D Features:
- Draw straight, rounded, or slanted walls with exact dimensions using the mouse or keyboard.
- Insert doors and windows into the walls by dragging them onto the plane, and Sweet Home 3D will calculate the gaps in the walls.
- Add furniture in the plan from a search and extensible catalog, organized by categories such as kitchen, living room, bedroom, bathroom ...
- Change the color, texture, size, thickness, location, and orientation of furniture, walls, floor, and ceiling.
- While designing the house in 2D, we will simultaneously see it in 3D from an aerial point of view, or we will be able to visit it from the point of view of a virtual visitor.
- We can write down the area of the rooms, the dimension lines, texts and show the north direction with the compass.
- Create images with photographic realism and videos with the possibility of customizing the lights and the effect of sunlight according to the time of day and geographic location.
- Import plans to draw the walls on them, 3D models to complete the default catalog, and textures to customize surfaces.
- Print and export PDFs, bitmap images or vector images, videos and 3D files in standard file format.
- Extend the functions of Sweet Home 3D with plug-ins programmed in Java, by developing a derived version based on the Model View Controller architecture.
- Choose from 27 languages for the Sweet Home 3D user interface and help.
- Download Sweet Home 3D to run it under Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Solaris, or use the online version from any browser that supports Java.